Wednesday 9 October 2019

Saga: Masters of the Underearth




Have done eight points of Underearth for Saga AoM, with a pirate theme. I played against these a few weeks ago and decided I wanted my own Underearth faction, though they don't seem that easy to use, and don't really have a lot of brute force.

I had some GW and Black Scorpion dwarfs already painted, and found some more, then added some Ral Partha ones. I have done 3 points of 8 warriors with firearms, 2 lots of 8 normal warriors, 2 destruction teams, an Alchemist, and a Sorceror (and a warlord of course), a mobile war machine and a flying war machine. I plan on getting a couple of more pirate-y themed destruction teams (rather than the flame cannons).

I feel like this force has too much shooting and probably too many small units that I might have trouble activating, so I'm planning on getting 2 or 3 Creatures (the Underearth board has a bit of help for Creatures), and then dumping one of the firearms units, and the Alchemist, and maybe the tank, and seeing how that works.









2 comments:

  1. Nice-looking troops, and I say that as someone who has never wanted an army of Dwarves at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I never really fancied dwarf armies much, either. And now I have two dwarf armies that just kinda happened.

      Delete