Friday 4 December 2020

Building Bridges

I've seen a few people using 'blue foam' for their models, and always wanted to try it, but never really found any. I have bought bits and pieces of foam over the years but they have never really done the job.  But I found this blue foam, which is now grey, and it seems to have the right sort of properties. Even with this, though, I bought two different size peices and the two pieces were remarkably different. The darker grey stuff, below, seems harder and crisper and easier to use than the lighter grey stuff I am using for the bridge.

Seems like a really fun and versatile material to use, though. I'm guessing in the UK it isn't used for insulation as it seems quite hard to get and is sold as modelling foam, whereas in some other countries, there seems to be a lot of the stuff about.





No comments:

Post a Comment