Friday 3 April 2020

Saga: Anglo-Saxons


I have now finished enough plastic dark ages spearmen to get a decent Anglo-Saxon army for Saga. I would be in two minds whether to field 2 units of bowmen or just 1, but I really only have enough spearmen to field 4 of those units, so it has to be 2 units of bowmen. I'm fielding them all as levies, which I guess is the classic Anglo-Saxon Saga warband.

I can now pit these guys against my Scots army. I played a solo game to finally settle the greatest wargaming question of them all, which is better, not England vs Scotland, but Metal vs Plastic. There's only one way to find out...





2 comments:

  1. All levies? Historically probably accurate, but maybe risky in Saga.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they have a special Orders ability, activated by a Rare dice, that lets them fight as Warriors, which is great. It does mean you really need to roll that rare, though.

      Delete