Tuesday 3 March 2020

15mm Elves and Trees


I have started a new 15mm army for Sword and Spear Fantasy. Originally it was going to be a mixed Elves and Trees force, but I have enough figures that I have decided to turn them into two separate armies. I have based the Elf heavy infantry with a line of archers, giving them a Seaguard sort of feel, and taking advantage of the Restricted Bows rule in S&S. This makes the unit extremely expensive, so hopefully the tactic works for them.

I am fielding the Trees as mostly Beasts, Large Beasts, Monsters and Swarm, which means their general's leadership will be almost non-existent, but it feels like a decent theme. I think I will field a single general to stop them being out of command, and the rest of the leading will be done through magic gardeners. It might actually make more sense to class them as undead, but I already have an undead army.

The Elves are from Magister Militum. The larger trees are from Ral Partha The smaller ones from Pendraken (I green-stuffed the foliage), and the tree man base thing is an incense burner from ebay.




  
  



2 comments: