Sunday 25 March 2018

Pike & Shotte test



After procrastinating for a good 6 months, I've decided to start a long-term English Civil War project, using Pike & Shotte. I think I want to do something with Hopton and Waller, and maybe have a decent stab at a historically accurate Battle of Lansdown (which is just down the road from me). I'm not used to bringing research and actual knowledge to my wargaming, so we'll see how that goes.

These are tests for some Royalist cavalry, and Hopton's regiment of foot. Warlord Games are having a third-off sale on their basic ECW Infantry and Cavalry regiments, so I now have enough plastic to keep me going for a long time.






7 comments:

  1. Wonderful and impressive figures, what a beautiful period!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, yeah I didn't really appreciate how good a lot of this period's stuff looks.

      Delete
  2. Terrific paintjobs, as usual! This is going to be a spectacular army.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Didnt fancy 15mm then Clive ??....seriously though, nice job, and yes Warlord stuff is good. I have the Pike and Shotte rules and a few supplements AND a 30 years war Swedish Army under wraps but hey ho...nice job again buddy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I hear you have some 28mm stuff who could fight these guys.

      Delete