Monday 2 December 2019

BIG Saga Tournament



The latest Bristol Independent Gaming Saga tournament was for historical warbands, instead of the usual AoM. Three Norman armies turned up, and there were Vikings, Anglo-Saxons, Anglo-Danes, and some more I can't remember, while I took my Moors.

Had another fun time, losing to Tom's Normans in the first game. Not much went wrong, but not much went right, either, and while the ending was quite close, I was always playing catch-up.

Next I played Dan's Anglo-Saxons. This might be the bloodiest game I've ever played. My archers were left unscathed (because they kept out of the way) but every other unit on the table was decimated. Special mention should go to the law of averages, as Dan failed 12 shooting saves in a row (50-50 chance of each one).

The final game was another close one and I just managed to beat Chris' Vikings. This one was remarkable for although we slogged it out right from the off, fighting for the sheep  objective in the middle of the table, not a single objective point was won. So, we declared the sheep the winner.





  



No comments:

Post a Comment