Thursday 2 May 2019

Saga Slaanesh



Saga Age of Magic has been making me dig out old Warhammer armies. I had this old Slaanesh army, which I've touched up a bit, and painted a few more models for, and it is now big enough to field as the Otherworld faction. I'm using the Keeper as a Behemoth and the Daemon Prince as a Scourge (Flight). Otherworld don't have cavalry so my Steeds are feeling left out. At the moment I am using them as Hearthguard, but I am painting up some Dechala the Denied One (for some reason I ended up with 6 of them) to act as Hearthguard, and I will use my Steeds as a faction-specific special Warrior unit called Hunters. I also found  a load of unpainted Fiends which I will be using as Creatures.

I converted the Sorceror figure to use in my Bret army ages ago, but couldn't find a decent Slaanesh one in my pile, so decided to paint that up instead.

So, my warband at the moment is Warlord, Sorceror, Behemoth, Scourge, 1*8 Hearthguard, 3*8 Warriors, which looks a bit boring in regard to the wider troop choices you get in AoM, but should get more interesting when I've painted up my other stuff.










Age of Magic has rules for faction terrain pieces called Sacred Ground. The Slaanesh one is an Unstable Portal that can inflict damage on enemies who get too close. I don't have anything to model that, yet. But I picked this up from Thomarillion, which works well to represent the Great Kingdoms Sacred Ground, the Memorial, which can let you re-roll one of your Saga Dice if you have a decent unit close by.

2 comments:

  1. They look good. I am also going to do an Otherworld army. The figures arrived yesterday and I'll be working on them as soon as I have space.

    ReplyDelete